The Prime Minister of the Republic of Greece Kirjakos Mitsotakis paid an official visit to the Republic of Serbia at the invitation of the President of the Republic of Serbia Aleksandar Vučić on February 16, 2022. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Greece, Nikos Dendias, was on an official visit to the Republic of Serbia on 3 June 2022, while the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia, Nikola Selaković, paid an official visit to the Republic of Greece on 2 November 2021. The third meeting of the High-Level Cooperation Council of Serbia and Greece was held on 11 December 2019.
During the period January-March 2022, trade in goods between Serbia and Greece amounted to 190 million euros, with exports amounting to 67,9 million euros and imports to 122,2 million euros. Trade in 2021 amounted to 636 million euros, which is an increase of 13.3% compared to 2020, of which our exports amounted to 234 million euros (an increase of 29.8% compared to the previous year), and imports 402 million euros (growth of 34.2% compared to 2020).
Greece remains one of the largest investors in Serbia (around 2.2 billion euros in investments). The areas where Greece is present include banking, energy, real-estate, hotels, cement manufacture, etc.
There are 50 bilateral agreements in force, notably:
- Agreement between the Federal Government of the Republic of Yugoslavia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on mutual incentives and protection of investments, signed on 25 June 1997;
- Agreement between FRY and the Hellenic Republic on the avoidance of double taxation regarding taxes and property, signed on 25 June 1997;
- Agreement between the Federal Government of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Government of the Hellenic Republic on economic and technical cooperation, signed on 09 May 2002;
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of defence between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and Government of the Hellenic Republic, signed on 09 November 2006;
- Agreement between the Republic of Serbia and the Hellenic Republic on mutual recognition of driving licenses, signed on 13 July 2017;
- Agreement between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Greece on social security signed on July 13, 2017;
- Joint Declaration on the establishment of a strategic partnership between the Republic of Serbia and the Hellenic Republic, signed on 11 December 2019.
Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Athens: http://www.athens.mfa.gov.rs
Embassy of the Hellenic Republic in Belgrade: https://www.mfa.gr/serbia/sr/the-embassy/
Department for Neighbouring Countries and South-Eastern European Countries of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia: Tel. +381 11 306 8280, e-mail: email@example.com